Rumsey Menu

History

1887

George & Eugene Rumsey graduate from the first Electrical Engineering Class at Cornell University

 

1895

To serve the expanding electrification of the Northeast, The Rumsey brothers found Rumsey Electric Company

1900

Rumsey Electric becomes known as the leading source of technical expertise for the sale and installation of the systems required for electrification

 

1910

As the need for electrical components grows, rumsey expands into electrical wholesale

1941

Allen Bradley/Rockwell Automation appoints Rumsey Electric as an authorized distributor

 

1970

Two new branch locations are added to Rumsey's distribution geography

 

1989

Rumsey acquires TAB Electric in Trenton, NJ

1993

Conshohocken, PA becomes the new headquarters & CDC location

 

1994

Lighting Systems joins Rumsey as a wholly owned subsidiary

 

1997

Tecot Electric Supply, a Delaware based distributorship is acquired by Rumsey

2003

Rumsey achieves ISO 9001:2008 Registration

2004

Relay & Power Systems is formed as a wholly owned subsidiary

2008

Center City Philadelphia Branch opens
Rumsey acquires Cooper Electric's Automation business and expands into the Lehigh Valley and southern New Jersey

2013

Rumsey joins forces with APR Plumbing supply and opens 2 new locations in Malvern, PA and Atlantic City, NJ

2015

Rumsey aquires Transmission Engineering Company (TECO) and expands its power transmission offereings.

Read Rumsey's Full History